Hedwig Village is a city in Harris County, Texas, United States. The United States Postal Service uses “Houston” for all Hedwig Village addresses; “Hedwig Village” is not an acceptable city designation for mail addressed to places in Hedwig Village. Hedwig Village is not considered to be within Houston proper as it is a separate incorporated city.
The Spring Branch Memorial area was originally settled by German immigrants in the 19th century. Hedwig Village’s name originates from Hedwig Road, which was built on the property of Hedwig Jankowski Schroeder; Schroeder emigrated from Germany to Texas in 1906 to help her sister operate a business in Houston. There she met, and married, Henry Schroeder, son of Jacob Schroeder one of the area’s earliest immigrants. They established their home and farmed in the area now Hedwig Village.